In addition to client-specific training, we offer live and online training courses throughout the year. These courses are intended for people who are joining a CISM Team or peer team (EMS, fire department or hospital staff) OR for the enhancement of skills for those who are already members of a CISM or peer team.
Questions? Contact us.
We are not currently offering live trainings.
Zoom information will be provided by email to registered and paid participants prior to the first session.
Basic Group Training
1. Identify critical incident events;
2. Recognize indicators of stress response in target population;
3. Implement Crisis Management Briefing, Defusing, Debriefing;
4. Plan complex incident CISM interventions;
5. Understand when and how to refer to a higher level of care
Fourteen hours of training includes 12 hours of lecture, discussion and role play and 2 hours of independent work. A certificate of participation for 14 Contact Hours will be provided for those who attend ALL sessions and complete the independent work: 1.4 General CEUs from University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) Dept. of Emergency Health Services Professional and Continuing Education (PACE).